Friday, September 5, 2008

2008 Day Two Hundred Forty Eight























A brand new day and brand new life awaits me starting today. I now know what was wrong with me yesterday. The terrible disease that controls my life has reared its ugly head. I have made a commitment to get back on the plan and stick with it. Back to the restrictive diet, back to the excercise routine. I'm hoping I can stick with it. I guess I was in denial thinking I could live normal like everyone else. We know that is not mean't to be.

It was my last day at work. They threw me a really nice going away potluck. I will miss the friends I have made there and hope we can keep in touch, but, you know how that goes. But I will definitely try.

I thought my benefits would end at the end of the month, but, no, they end tonight at midnight. So we have been scrambling trying to get me on M's insurance.

M is off this weekend. That will be so nice. Not sure what we have planned. Probably house stuff.

3 Good Things that happened today:

1. Ordered my free O'bama/Biden bumper sticker from MoveOn.org

2. I have set a commitment and goals to get the disease under control, again.

3. Returned Lorna's book and wire bending kit.

Hey everyone: Have a super weekend.

3 comments:

kkryno said...

Hellooooo! I just thought I'd stop by and say have a great weekend and to ask permission to add you to my blogroll.

Betty said...

Hi Linda,

Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I'm glad you got a good send off on your last day on the job. I vowed to keep in touch with friends when I left my last job, but it soon fizzled out, lol. I hope you have better luck than I did with keeping in touch on a long term basis.

Good luck on your new job. I wish you much success on it.

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Thanks for the reminder that I can get a bumper sticker from MoveOn. For the first time in my life, I'm going to have one.

Best wishes on your new job!

--Lisa