Sunday, September 21, 2008

2008 Day Two Hundred Sixty Five



It's damp and raining today. We cancelled our day trip to Sandpoint. Hung around home today. We watched the movie What Happens in Vegas. Cute movie. I liked it. I drove DK to work because of the rain. Tonight we are having M's birthday dinner. The full steak dinner with all the trimmings. I gave him his birthday present yesterday. Two books:




He did not know which one to start reading first.

2nd recipe in cookbook for DK:


Texas Hash (Originally in the Betty Crocker Cookbook)

1 pkg hamburger meat
1 diced sweet onion
1 diced green pepper
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 medium can tomato sauce
2 - 3 cups cooked white rice

Seasonings: 1 tsp season salt, 1 tsp garlic salt, salt, pepper, hot sauce, 1 tsp lemon pepper,

Fry hamburger meat and onion, drain, combine all other ingredients, pour into greased casserole dish, bake at 350 degrees for 40 -45 minutes. Serve with slice cucumbers in vinegar and garlic bread.

4 comments:

Ghost Dansing said...

falling rain

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your trip was canceled. I hope you have a great week!

I'm looking forward to autum. How about you?

Utah Savage said...

Gorgeous photo of the falling rain. And I loved the recipe, even though it wasn't for me--I'm going to use it anyway. And yes, along with Dcup,I'm actually looking forward to autumn.

Betty said...

Sounds like it was a good day for you to stay inside and get some rest. Glad you enjoyed the movie.