Monday, June 9, 2008

2008 Day One Hundred Sixty One























My last day of a three day weekend went by way too fast. Cloudy and mild most of the day. M and I's anniversary is on the 11th of this month. Since we were both off work we decided to treat ourselves to lunch out. We went to the Brooklyn Grill. We both ordered the open faced steak sandwich with steak fries and iced tea. It was a little overpriced, but very good. Not too many people in the restauraunt so it was a nice unhurried relaxing lunch.

After the lunch we browsed through Best Buy. M bought the PC game Blackhawk Down. We looked at phones, since our phones are at the end of their usefullness. Found an AT&T set with 5 handsets that we liked, but they only had the display model. They also did not have the movie I was looking for, Benny and Joon.

We wasted enough time that when we were done shopping it was time to go to M's first physical therapy appointment. That took about an hour or more. I read my book, helped myself to free cups of water (they only had black tea - not my favorite) and read all the magazines on their waiting room coffee table. It started to rain as we left the building.

By the time we got home it was pouring buckets and thunder and lightning was happening. Poor Sammie, he is scared of thunder.

I watched the 2nd episode of The Next Food network Star. They sent home my favorite. Bummer. Tonight I am recording the first episode of Nashville Star.

Hope everyone survived Monday and is ready for tackling Tuesday.

3 comments:

Steve said...

sounds like a relaxing Monday.
Good luck to M with the physical therapy.

I still remember going through it when I broke my elbow several years ago.

I was lucky i had some dedicated folks and thats about the only reason I can swing a golf club today lol.

Hope the rest of your week is good

Betty said...

Sounds like you had a nice long weekend. Ed and I watched Nashville Star tonight. I thought the guy they sent home was a pretty good singer. Also, the girl from Jackson, Tn. was in the bottom two. She just barely got in under the wire. Did you watch that show a couple of years ago? The one who won that year was named Chris Young. He is from my hometown of Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have a good week, Linda

Phyl said...

The dentist was running over an hour and 15 minutes behind due to complications with the patient before me...I rescheduled.

Otherwise, all is well. I am still sewing:). Got 3 awesome patterns and am making a darling dress from old sheets. I hate making the first draft from good fabric...sheets are awesome...and if it doesnt work, it will make a cute nightgown or house dress.

Hope all is well with you...