Saturday, June 14, 2008

2008 Day One Hundred Sixty Six


I am starting out with by following Betty by doing the Friday Feast meme on Saturday.

Appetizer
Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?

In my personal life I am an optimist. I always believe things will work out. Regarding the world in general I guess I am a pessimist. I don't see where it is going to get better. The war is going to drag on while politicians think it is more important to fight amongst themselves then solving real issues such as ending the war, fixing our economy woes, ending hunger, fixing the homeless situation, stoping the destoying of our environment and all the other terrible things we must face in the years to come.

Soup
What is your favorite color of ink to write with?

I like to write with fine point blue ink pen. Years of doing accounting type work has made that my favorite.

Salad
How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?

Before cancer I had nice fingernails. But now I keep them short so there is no need for a manicure. I do not like anyone touching my feet, so, pedicures are out.

Main Course
Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?

I have entered quite a few contests online, but, I have never won anything from online entries. In other contests I have won a nice Weber Kettle BBQ, door prizes at events that we have attended and raffles prizes at work events. One time I even won $500 off a Lottery scratch off ticket.

Dessert
In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?

We have many computer throughout the house. My desktop computer is in what we call our office that looks out to the backyard. I have a laptop station set up on a small desk in the living room and a laptop base station set up in my craft room. We have the computer we use as a server set up on a desk in the basement. We are geeky when it comes to computer and gadgets.

I am off today for our monthly girlfriend get together to go to Polka Dot Pottery to paint pottery. I will take my camera and try and take pictures. We are planning on having lunch at Round Table Pizza. After that I'm going out to the valley to a Bead Event being put on ny Blue Dragon Beads that Lorna told me about yesterday. So today is going to be all about fun.

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't been around to read your blog.
I have fun doing Friday Feast meme and I do two others ones.
But not all at the same time.

I enjoy your answers very much always learn so much about others.

Anyhow I got my Friday Feast posted.

Betty said...

I'm glad you decided to play Friday Feast, Linda, as I really enjoyed reading your answers. I think it is a fun and easy meme.