Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Day Twelve



I can handle winter as long as I can still drive and get around. Its when I am stuck indoors for days in a row when I start to hate winter.

This weekend sped by so fast. I spent a nice day with M in front of the fire just enjoying being with one another. We watched the movie Six Days Seven Nights. We both liked it, of course, when it comes to movies we are easy to please. I watched Big Daddy's House that I had recorded and learned the correct way to make shepherds pie.

The Spotted Moose Cafe served tacos including rice and pinquichito beans. Not sure what is on the menu for tonight.

6 comments:

Mojo said...

Weekends are like that. And with all the various holidays just past, they seem even shorter now that we're back to a "regular" work week.

I'm right there with ya on winter. As long as I'm not icebound I love it. Fortunately we don't get a lot of ice-binding here. Unfortunately when something slick does fall from the sky, it's usually sleet/freezing rain which can make things... interesting at best.

Hope you get a break soon.

Akum said...

Weekends should be atleast three days. Happy mondays

lisahgolden said...

I've been thinking I could use at least another day of weekend all day.

L'Adelaide said...

this all sounds lovely, even with the snow...we have 75 down here today and for the rest of the week...if there isn't some kind of weird weather change going on, then why is the weather so weird?

keep warm!

Mojo said...

Next time you're in Raleigh let me know and I'll set you up with the grand tour!

Steve said...

i liked 6 days seven night as well. sometime it is just nice to see a fun movie without having to think too much.
hope the weather continues to cooperate this week