Thursday, January 1, 2009
2009 Day One HAPPY NEW YEAR
Athbhliain Faoi Mhaise!
Happy New Year Everybody! I did wake up at 12:09 and wished everyone Happy New Year and then went back to bed and fell straight back to sleep.
I've been making my New Years Resolutions.
1. Pay off as much debt as we can this year. We made a budget and we are going to try and stick with it. That means eating at home. We spend way too much money going out. So we decided we will still meet for lunch on Mondays and will go out with friends when invited, but, other than that, eat at home it is.We will need to stick to the principle - Do you need it or just want it.
2. Stick to the diabetic lifestyle with less cheating. That means finding a new doctor, take my medicine everyday and excercise more. Use my treadmill 4 times a week and mall walk 1 or 2 days a week.
3. Learn the secrets of becomming a domestic goddess. There must be secrets, right? I vow to clear clutter and clean closets. And to clean out the garage so both cars can fit in the garage. Also I want to find and make a new recipe each week from one of my hundreds of cookbooks.
4. Set up books for my business. Open checking account for business. Find an accountant. Perfect my website with Ed's help. Learn to use the Cricut as an expert so it can make money for us.
5. Make my blog more interesting. Post everyday! Comment more on all my wonderful friend's blogs. Be the best friend I can be.
6. Give More. Improve my Karma. Be a warrior for Peace. Go back to being more of a political activist. Donate to Planned Parenthood. Write more letters.
7. In the spring and this summer take a day trip to Montana, vacation in Seattle or Portland or both. Become a tourist in Spokane and visit all the places I haven't yet. Maybe even write a Spokane website. Maybe like try every coffee stand in Spokane and then write a review and post it.
8. Give my job 110%. Make myself so invaluable they cannot live without me.
There are a few of my resolutions. It will be interesting to look back and see how many I can accomplish.
Today being served at The Spotted Moose Cafe is a traditional southern new year's dinner. Slowed roasted Pork roast, black eye peas (for luck) hominy (for peace) and greens (for financial growth)with cornbread and shrimp/avacado boats. Nice way to start out the new year.