Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday

It is snowing again. It snow about 3 inches yesterday. It made the roads slick, making driving treacherous.

I called my old friend Janet yesterday. I worked with her at Pitney. I had not talked with her for several years. I was sad to hear that she has cancer and has not worked for the last 8 months. She is now going to move back in with her Mom. I feel bad I didn't keep in better touch with her. But I made a promise I will now call at least every other week and maybe get her out to play bingo.

I don't get it. We can send $70 billion to kill more people in Iraq - but we cannot give enough to find a cure to this awful disease that so many of our people are dying of. Fa la la la - I'm sick of Christmas and it isn't even here yet.


1 comment:

Betty said...

I am so sorry about your friend having cancer. It seems there is more and more of that terrible disease striking people. I hear about someone new having it at least once a week or at least once a month.

Don't get my husband started on that war. It is such a sore spot with him. Such an unnecessary war. He doesn't talk much unless you mention that war.