1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
Parents who read to me and good teachers who instilled reading as enjoyment.
2. What are some books you read as a child?
Anne of Green Gables, Black Beauty are a few that come to mind.
3. What is your favorite genre.
I like murder mysteries or true crime, but I also like books that tell a good story.
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
The Stand by Stephen King
5. Where do you usually read?
I read everywhere. At work, waiting for appointments, before bed or just whenever.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Yes. I always have a fiction book I am reading and then many non-fiction books to explore. Always have a new cookbook that I love to thumb through.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Non fiction books I read only the parts I am interested in.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
I buy alot of books. From BOMC2, which used to be zooba.com, I buy one book a month. But I buy books from stores and also the internet. I check alot of books out from the library.
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy?
I keep all the books I buy.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
DK had lots and lots of books when he was little. Even now he borrows books from our home library.
12. What are you reading now?
Vegas Nerve by Susan Rogers Cooper. On my nightstand is a beading book titled The Decorated Purse, several cookbooks but the one I am looking at is Taste of Home's Casserole Book and a book titled Reading Tea Leaves.
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
I have a long list at BOMC2 and a list of 20 books on reserve at the library. There are several books I keep in my head that if I see I want, especially the new James Lee Burke, Swan Dive.
14. What's next?
Jude Deveraux's "Return to Summerhouse"
15. What books would you like to reread?
All of James Lee Burke's books
16. Who are your favorite authors?
James Lee Burke, Mauve Binchy, Amy Tan, Jimmy Buffett, Jennifer Chiaverini, Stephen King, Hans Holzer, Sylvia Brown and so many more.
I do want to tag some people with this meme, but I haven't had a chance to decide who I'll tag. If you do it on your own blog, leave a comment and let me know.
I live in Spokane, WA. I've been married for 24 years and have 2 shihtzu's. I am a Trust Representative at a Third Party Administrator. Politically I am a liberal democrat but always open for discussion and usually always roots for the underdog. I am non religious but believe people have the right to believe in what they want to believe. I love and adore my husband and family, including my two little dogs, proud of my children and enjoy and cherish my friends.