Tuesday, July 29, 2008
2008 Day Two Hundred Eleven
I am about to do something risky and maybe downright crazy. Dianne has offered me a job to work on a temp assignment for about 5 months. It pays about $4.00 an hour more than I make now. That is roughly about $720.00 more per month. The lingering doubt? Do I leave a safe secure job I do not like for the opportunity for that much more pay for the short time. I will be hardpressed to find a job when this one ends. I have many skills and it has never been a problem finding a job. But the times are different now - not as many jobs to fill.
I talked to my friend, Sharma, and she reminded me I could always go back to Pitney Bowes if I had to. And she is right. If I start looking for a job 3 weeks before it ends I'm sure something will come up. But there then that nagging doubt - what if it doesn't. I have alot to protect - house, car, bills...
I think I'm going to do it. Will know for sure by end of week.
The weather today reminds me of the midwest. Cooler, cloudy and a bit muggy. I absolutely love it. Feels almost like early fall, which we know is still 3 months away. No worries it will be hot again by the weekend. So I will enjoy this for the 2 days it is suppose to sick around.
The house smells so good. I'm cooking a pork roast. I want to feed M a good meal before I talk to him about my decision. I know he will back me but he will also have the same doubt. Did I ever mention I'm a little bit crazy?