Monday, December 8, 2008

2008 Day Three Hundred Five




The weekend is over. Yesterday we went for a drive out to the valley. It was raining and cold, but, it was nice to get out of the house for awhile. Stopped at Walnut Street Perk and got mochas. Whe I got home I made pot roast with roasted potatoes and carrots. Tomorrow we will turn it into burritos.

I got my new blog link added. Spotted Moose Jewels. I wish I was a better photographer because the pictures really don't do justice. The earrings are much prettier in person. I'm thinking of getting a tripod and a better way to display the items. Let me know what you think.

Have a great day everybody.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the new site looks terrific! I know how hard those close ups can be. Do you have a black cloth you can put them on to cut down on glare, maybe?

Also - and you may already be doing this - if you have a macro feature on your digital camera, you get get up close and get the detail of the pieces.

Best of luck with this! I think you're going to be a smashing success!

Steve said...

great site. i'm not one ot give photo advice but I'm sure you'll get it all shined and polished in no time.

Brave Sir Robin said...

What Dcup said.

Also, I'm not sure what camera you use, but if you can change lenses, a macro would help.

Also, (again), make sure you have adequate lighting, and use it rather than a flash, it makes a huge difference.

Here
is an excellent bit of info on food photography, which should translate very well to jewelry, I would think. They are both a rather close up medium.

btw - the jewelry is lovely.

Brave Sir Robin said...

Whoops, I gave you not exactly the right link, you would have to click through to find what I wanted you to see.

Try this one.


(sorry)

Utah Savage said...

It's lovely, but I'm lost. I don't see any jewelry and I keep looking. But it's late.