Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2008 Day Three Hundred Twenty Nine


Busy day at work yesterday after being gone for 4 days. The deposit alone took 3 hours. M and I met for lunch at the Viking. We need to break the going out habit we seem to keep repeating. Since the new car we do not have the money for that.

Last night we made homemade chili and cornbread. It was so warm and comforting. I think I will add this recipe to DK's cookbook.

Back to our regular routine as of today, so not much going on around here.

Obama has made some interesting choices so far. I like that he picked Hillary for Secretary of State. Madelyn Albright was on the television yesterday speaking of her relationship with Hillary and holds her in high regard. Here locally the recounts are in and the dems won some and lost some. We live on the red side of the state unfortunately. We do have a liberal mayor and hopefully the city council won't rob the city blind this time, as they have in the past.

Its been raining overnight, but, seems to have stopped for now. It will be another damp gray day. At least its too warm to snow.

5 comments:

kkryno said...

At least Monday is out of the way.

Hope the rest of your week is better. :)

KELSO'S NUTS said...

Saorise Daily2:

I saw on Utah's blog you made a reference to the prospect of Chris Matthews trying for Specter's seat. I think Matthews is still a Democrat but he's awful. I think he might be anti-choice, but I won't swear to that. I think he's bad on LGBTQ issues, as well, but I won't swear to it.

Pennsylvania does have some great Democrats who could wipe the floor with both Matthews and Specter. In order, my preferences are:

1) Rep Chaka Fattah, Sr
2) Rep Joe Sestak Jr
3) Gov Ed Rendell
4) Rep Allyson Schwartz

A long-range prediction, Chaka Fattah will be the 2nd African-American president of the USA...I wish he were the 1st! I have a 100%agreement with him on every issue. He's got a perfect record on women's issues, gay issues, civil rights and civil liberties issues, education, public health and he has a libertarian pacifist streak which emphasizes pairing off strong cuts to nuclear weapons and defense giveaways to provide some room for lower working and middle class income taxes in the short term. An exclusion-step-up Flat Tax system with NO IRS, meaning that up to $35,000 you'd owe no federal taxes. $35,000 to $300,000you'd pay 15%, over $300,000 40%. VAT of 5%.

Anti-war, anti-drug war, anti-death penalty. Pro choice. Pro gay marriage. Strong increases in education.

Nothing wrong with Sestak either on any of that stuff and he's a Naval Vice Admiral who's anti-war. Doesn't have as interesting economic ideas.

Rendell's a strong, Democratic Party man. I only disagree with him on the death penalty. I'm obviously against it because all foreigners are against it!

Schwartz is a social liberal and kind of an ecnomic conservative but not terrible at all.

The reason I care is that I do a fair amount of betting on world elections and this because of Matthews' celebrity will have a deep market and I think any of those 4 could beat both Matthews and Specter.

Betty said...

I just posted a comment, but it didn't take. I was saying glad you are having a good day. Any day that it is not snowing is a good day, right?

Hope this doesn't post twice.

Betty said...

Hey Linda,

I just finished doing the meme you tagged me for. Surprise!! LOL

Steve said...

got back from safe from NYC
you should put that recipe in DK's book. Both of my sisters have a recipe book from Mom (she knew my limited culinary talent lol) and it is one of their most prized possesion.
hope you have a god Wednesday