Sunday, February 3, 2008

2008 Day Thirty Four


Super Bowl Sunday. I've always said I am blessed to be married to a man who does not care for sports. We will probably watch the game though. I, like many others, love the commercials.

We went to the grocery store and I think everyone on our side of town was there also. The sun is shining and the snow and ice are slowly melting, so, its the first time for many that they can get out and about. After surviving that mad house we stopped and filled the truck up. I think I can drive myself tomorrow.

Ok, I watched the beginning of the game and caught the National Anthem sung by Jordan Sparks. I think she is wonderful. Tried to find some of her music to put on my music list here on the blog. The only 2 songs of her's that was available are corrupted. I definitely want to buy her cd.

I was visiting one of my favorite blogs Partly Bloggy with a Chance of Sarcasm and have decided to play Sunday Seven - What's On My Mind.

THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:Name seven things on your mind today.
Either answer the question in a comment or answer it in your journal and include the link in a comment. (To be considered “first to play,” a link must be to the specific entry in which you answered the question.) You may include this link in the URL space when leaving your comment, or in the comment itself. As long as it’s there in one spot or the other.

Patrick McManus, one of our favorite writers wrote about him having a "worry box". His worry box is always full. When one worry is solved and leaves the box another worry come right in to take it's place. I have a very full and active worry box.

1. Money. It's always on my mind. With our house payment going up due to taxes increases, the subject of our budget is back on the front burner. Will we have enough to cover everything, will we need to cut back somewhere to make up for the increase, will this effect the vacation we plann on taking...worry...worry

2. My job. I need to go in everyday and give 100%. Somedays lately I have not been doing that. But from today on I will go in and enjoy what I do.

3. My friends. I'm thinking of my friend Nancy and her daughter, Jessie. Her husband is in the hospital in intensive care because of heart problems and his kidneys have completely shut down. She left early from work Friday because they were going to perform a procedure on him. I hope everything went well. I'm also thinking of Melissa. She left work early on Friday also because she was sick. I hope she got well over the weekend. My friend Joanna was also off on Friday. I don't know if she was sick or had problems getting to work because of the weather or if her little daughter was sick.

4. The weather. I think I can finally drive tomorrow, but I worry about the snow on the roof on our house and the roof on our garage.But the temperatures are supposed to get warmer this week so maybe it will start to melt. The roads are so torn up from all the ice freezing and un-freezing. We get the biggest potholes. I worry if the city can repair them all.

5. I'm thinking of all the beading projects I want to do. I did get some wonderful beads yesterday on my Saturday adventure with Lorna. I have beading books from the library that I would like to copy the directions for different projects before I need to get the books back to the library. I've been thinking of where I am going start in organizaing my craft room so it is more functional. I definitely need better lighting.

6. I'm trying to decide what book to read next. I have lots of books just waiting to be opened. With so much great tv and doing beading projects there isn't as much time to read. Also work is so busy too that I don't have much time to read like I did in 4th quarter.

7. Then there are the normal worries, like what to wear for the week, what to make for dinners for the week, which bills need to be paid, errands that need to be completed, making time to call DK and see how his life is going and planning Monday vacation days off from work for February and March. I requested Feb 11th, but have not heard yet if I got it off or not.

So there we are 7 out of the many things I'm thinking about. Have a great week everyone.










Some people have sexual dreams,
But I dream about salad

Paul Newman, Newman’s Own Cookbook

The super bowl has been a really good game and the halftime show was awesome with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. He even sang on of my favorite songs.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Where do you find those awsome pictures? Just kidding. I don't expect you to share your source.

I enjoyed reading your Sunday Seven and getting to know you a little better.

I hope you have a good week.